We aren’t too fancy around here, but we do have a fancy remote control.
Jack decided to throw said fancy remote into the bath tub. Predictably the remote immediately stopped working.
So I decided to try something that I had heard can help water damaged cell phones.
We quickly took out the batteries and immersed the remote in rubbing alcohol. The theory is that the alcohol displaces all of the water and then evaporates quickly without corroding the electronic thingies.
The verdict? Totally works! Our fancy remote works like a pro as always!
So next time your toddler throws your phone in the toilet you know what to do. After all, nothing loose right?